10.03.2011

Consultation

I had a great consultation on Saturday that I wanted to share.

A mom brought her teenage daughter in to see what I could do for her. She has been seeing a dermatologist and taking some meds but nothing seems to be working.

I emphasized that there is no cure for acne but that I did think I could help her. She is using a Neutragena Cleanser and a Clean and Clear Moisturizer (occassionally). So the first thing I did was recommend product to use at home. I always start teenagers with acne to try Proactive. I know my fellow estheticians are dying right now but it does work for some people and it's $19.95. It's worth a shot in my opinion. If that doesn't work than I always recommend the products I carry at the salon. (Parents usually don't want to spend a lot of money because teenagers are so inconsistent with their routine.)

Once I establish the importance of a home care regime and not picking at their skin I set up a treatment plan. Acne should be treated every three weeks to start. Once it is under control you can go to once a month then once every 4-6 weeks from there.

I use a great treatment called Comodex. Comodex is a breakthrough treatement for treating acne, acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. Using tomato extract for antibacterial properties, TSR (transcutol with Retinol and Salicylic acid)for sebum regulation and naturally derived skin lightners this treatment has it all. I have had awesome results with this treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment